Waterfront restaurant - Host
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kākā Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We are looking for a Waterfront restaurant Host. You will greet all of our restaurant guests and ensure they have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive until their departure.
The Objective of Position:
To ensure our Waterfront restaurant guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive 'till their departure.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Welcome guests to the restaurant
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce Section Lead name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean entrance area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention
- Correctly completes open and close duties.
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries
- Assist table service as needed
- Able to work as Section Lead if season requires
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent communication skills(via phone and in-person)
- Positive and professional manner
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Experience in managing reservations
- Demonstrable customer-service skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work late nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- High school diploma
- Hospitality-related experience preferred
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.