Do you want to be part of something special? We are at the start of an exciting journey and have very high expectations. Our recently redeveloped and rebranded “Waterfront” restaurant is looking for a professional Senior Sous Chef to be the 2iC to our Head Chef.
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is at the heart of Tasman Bay in the top of the South Island. We are a world class recreation, beach, and mountain biking destination with strong, secure domestic visitation, in one of the most stunning locations in New Zealand, close to both Motueka and Nelson. The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve includes a range of hospitality, accommodation, retail, recreation, conservation and event operations.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the 2iC Sous Chef is a senior position responsible for stamping their mark on Reserve dining and food to go. In addition to delivering a high standard of performance and operating discipline, a key component of this role will be contributing to growth of the team and creating a creating a culture of quality and consistency. The role requires the ability to lead, plan and be adaptable to change. You will significantly contribute to the ongoing development and consistent execution of our restaurant offer.
- Lead by example to ensure excellent operational kitchen performance.
- Support the Head Chef to create menu items, recipes and develop dishes ensuring variety, quality, and innovation.
- Shift and roster management.
- Ensure high levels of performance, hygiene standards, training and development.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years in a Sous Chef position, with strong leadership skills and experience across fast-paced, quality dining operations.
- Passion and drive for leading and inspiring a kitchen team to produce quality food in a destination restaurant.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities constantly as needed in a busy environment.
- Strong organisation and communication skills with initiative and flexibility.
- A desire to work in a professional, disciplined, enjoyable environment.
- Strong interest in career development, team development and a long-term commitment to the role.
- Right to live and work in New Zealand.
What we provide:
A supportive, professional and secure working environment where you will learn and develop professionally.
An excellent remuneration package with a range of benefits.
An amazing location to enjoy the outdoors which we encourage our team members to do.
Easy commute from Motueka or Nelson.