Senior Crew - Ice Cream
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kākā Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We're looking for a Senior Crew member to be responsible for the smooooth delivery of delicious ice cream treats to our visitors. Ice cream and Kaiteriteri are a match made in heaven - are you up to the job of giving our visitors the cold treat they crave, with a smile?
The Objective of Position:
Responsible for supporting Customer Service Team Leader with operation of Ice Cream as part of the Retail and Hospitality Precinct. Role also provides barista cover where needed.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Greet customers warmly
- Take customer orders in a pleasant and efficient manner
- Make and serve consistent quality ice cream and associate products
- Have good knowledge of different ice cream and associated products
- Ensure customer areas are always tidy and are displayed in accordance with the reserve standards
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing products
- Clean designated areas and machines in accordance with procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Advise Precinct Customer Services Team Leader of supply shortages in product and consumables
- Make consistent quality coffee and hot drinks when no barista cover
- Report any problems with either customer or equipment to the Precinct Customer Services Team Leader
- Ensure crew members trained in ice cream serving and procedures
- Ensure customers are correctly charged and take payment from the customer in accordance with precinct procedures
- Review inventory stocking and recording guidelines, including wastage recording weekly. Make any amendments needed and retrain staff if not following process correctly
- General till and stocking work
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Positive and friendly manner
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Observes a high standard of personal hygiene
- Barista trained
- Food hygiene certificate
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.