The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kākā Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We are looking for a skilled, passionate, and experienced Barista who loves to make your customers happy with the best-tasting coffee in the universe, served with a smile!
The Objective of Position:
Responsible for supporting Customer Service Team Leader with operation of Gone Burgers as part of the Retail and Hospitality Precinct.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Greet customers warmly
- Take customer orders in a pleasant and efficient manner
- Comply with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and amendments, Smoke Free Environments Amendment Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2003
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the premises liquor and gaming licence/s
- Ensure all staff are aware of their obligations pursuant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and the company’s liquor licence is not jeopardised—this includes patron conduct and intoxication]
- Ensure customer areas are always tidy and are displayed in accordance with the reserve standards
- Advise Precinct Customer Services Team Leader of supply shortages on items
- Report any problems with either customer or equipment to the Precinct Customer Services Team Leader
- Ensure Gone Burgers staff are trained adequately in tasks
- Ensure customers are correctly charged and take payment from the customer in accordance with precinct procedures
- Ensure the safety of the business’s property and cash at all times
- Update daily records and shift summary
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and tidy and in good working condition
- Complete open and close routines
- General retail till and stocking work.
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Positive and friendly manner
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Observes a high standard of personal hygiene
- Duty Manager certificate holder
- Food hygiene certificate
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.