Waterfront Restaurant - Section Lead
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kākā Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We are looking for a skilled, passionate Barista who loves to make your customers happy with the best-tasting coffee in the universe, served with a smile!
The Objective of Position:
To prepare the Waterfront restaurant dining room for service and to provide warm, professional, efficient and courteous service to customers.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Clean designated areas in accordance with procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements
- Clean and set tables as required and ensure dirty, or damage items are exchanged for clean, usable items
- Clean and refill condiment sets
- Ensure table decorations are to standard
- Ensure sideboards on stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery and any other items required
- Greet customers warmly when they reach their table
- Assist with any special needs of the customer, i.e. children, disabled or elderly patrons
- Assist diners with food and beverage selection by presenting the menu, explaining daily specials, answering food preparation questions and identifying appropriate wines
- Take customer orders in a pleasant and efficient manner
- Ensure orders are given to the appropriate person to execute
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with agreed procedures, but above all in a professional, courteous manner
- Check with customer throughout their meal of any further needs
- Ensure tables are cleared quickly and efficiently and plates and utensils returned to the kitchen area
- Ensure customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer in accordance with the procedures of the establishment
- Answer phone and record bookings for restaurant reservations as required
- Be aware of and continually maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress
- Report any problems with either customers or meals to the
- Customer Experience Team Leader or Maître D
- Complete open and close duties
- Adhere to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Follow instructions from Customer Experience Team Leader or Maître D
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional manner
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work late nights, weekends, & public holidays.
- Level 2 National Certificate in Hospitality (Food and Beverage Service)
- Level 3 National Certificate in Hospitality (Food and Beverage Service)
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.