Guest Services On-Site Liaison / Ambassador
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession.
We are looking for a passionate and energised individual to join our Kaiteriteri Guest Services team, ensuring that our customers have a first-class experience.
This is a fixed term position working on a rostered basis.
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, duties will include (but are not
limited to) the following:
- Present a well-groomed, courteous and polite demeanor to the public
- Communicate and apply all camp and Reserve policies in a fair and professional manner
- Develop a professional rapport with campers, visitors, staff and external agencies such as police, fire and ambulance
- Assist in ensuring that Kaiteriteri is a safe and enjoyable destination
- Provide advice and knowledge on the local area and attractions
- Follow up with new arrivals as soon as possible and check to ensure their safe and comfortable set up
- Check that guests have departed by 10.00am and assist with the Newbook booking system
- Check that cars have a parking sticker displayed
- Identify guests that may have unpaid visitors on site
- Maintain a positive engagement with the Operations team, particularly the Senior Ranger and his/her staff
- Undertake other duties within capability as requested by the Guest Services Manager
- Understand that the position may change as necessary and other duties may be required moving forward.
Health and Safety
- Any risk of injury to the public and employees is minimised through compliance with Reserve policy linked to current Health and Safety legislation
- All of the Reserve’s Health and Safety policies and procedures are complied with at all times
- Ensure hazards are reported and recommendations made to eliminate, isolate or minimise exposure to such hazards
- Ensure incidents and near misses are reported and investigated where necessary to eliminate, isolate or minimise exposure to such incidents
- Attend Health and Safety training when required.
- Upholding Vision & Values – Keeps the organisation’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
- Health & Safety – Promotes a culture where health & safety are seen as integral to success. Is aware of and takes into account conditions that affect own and other’s health and safety
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of own actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Self-Awareness – Demonstrates an awareness of own strengths and development needs, as well as the impact of own behaviour on others. Acquires, understand and applies new job-related information, knowledge and skills in a timely manner
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Communication – Open communication approach. Comfortable with relationships at all levels. High levels of confidentiality. Manages knowledge and information to ensure it is secure and to enable appropriate access by others.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon