Guest Services Agent
Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve – Guest Services Agent
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Its vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand. The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
- Accommodation & Conferencing
- Hospitality & Retail
- Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
- Recreation & Concessions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present a well-groomed, courteous and polite demeanor to the public.
- Apply all camp and Reserve laws and rules in a fair and professional manner
- Develop a professional rapport with campers, visitors, staff and external agencies such as police, fire and ambulance
- Assist with the preservation of a safe and enjoyable destination
- Give advice and knowledge on the local area and attractions
- Follow up guests with unpaid balances on their booking
- To fully understand all policies and procedures and apply as required.
- Counting of money and keeping records and organize regular banking of cash.
- Ensure the Reception area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Undertake other duties within capability as requested by the Guest Services Manager.
- Honest and reliable
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional manner
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work late nights, weekends, & public holidays
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits.
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business. This job is available from mid November 2022 to mid February 2023 on a fixed term contract.
If this sounds like you, do not hesitate and contact us today!