Grounds & Maintenance Supervisor
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession.
We are looking for a passionate and energised individual to join our Grounds & Maintenance team, ensuring that our stunning area is maintained and well looked after.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure staff are courteous and helpful to customers and guests at all times. Staff are aware that they are ambassadors for the Reserve.
- Supervision of all full time and seasonal Grounds & Maintenance staff and ensure that policies, rules, standards and codes of conduct are adhered to.
- Provide rosters, reconcile time-sheets and ensure the smooth running of the teams.
- Monitor and check all that all contractors on the Reserve work in a safe and competent manner and all their credentials are current and suitable for the type of work they are undertaking.
- General maintenance of the Reserve’s buildings, assets and machinery. A training and development plan will be provided to ensure the Supervisor’s skills are meeting the needs of the Reserve.
- Ensures all machinery, assets and electrical appliances are maintained, checked regularly and are compliant.
- Upkeep of grounds, gardens, and landscapes.
- Ensures the beach area and boat ramp is clear, clean, safe and in good condition.
- Provide out of hours cover as per roster (up to 2 nights a week and holiday cover).
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
Hold truck, forklift and WRT licenses. Growsafe, chainsaw and working at heights are desired qualifications however can be provided by KRR if needed.
The Health & Safety requirements for this role are:
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. This can be an on site role with a number of accommodation options.