Food & Beverage team members - Permanent
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession.
We are looking for a passionate and energised individual to join our Waterfront restaurant team, ensuring that our customers have a first-class dining experience.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Picks up food & beverage orders and delivers the meal to our guests
- Assists as needed to maintain the highest level of food quality, presentation, and timing to optimize our guests dining experience
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plateware, and smallwares needed to effectively serve all food products
- Keeps station restocked throughout the shift
- Cleans stations to be ready for service
- Tracks cooking times on all orders, checks finished product for proper degree of doneness, appearance, and plate presentation
- Assists as needed to optimize the guest’s dining experience
- Correctly completes open and close duties
- Assists Chef and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management team
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
The desired personal attributes for this role are:
- Honest and reliable
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Positive and professional manner
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work late nights, weekends, & public holidays.
Relevant qualifications for this role include:
- High school diploma
- Hospitality-related experience preferred
The Health & Safety requirements for this role are:
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.
This is a permanent role.