Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve
The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Its vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand. The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
- Accommodation & Conferencing
- Hospitality & Retail
- Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
- Recreation & Concessions
- Preparing a range of meals for guests of Waterfront breakfast to a high standard
- Ensure menus, food standards, procedures and processes are followed
- Supervise and manage kitchen operations as required
- Is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area is in line with current health regulation standards
- You will be passionate about cooking.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet overall objectives of the company.
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Business awareness
- Strategic thinking
- Positive approach to change
- Certificate of Cookery.
- Relevant practical experience as a chef with the ability to display required competencies
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques and their various outcomes
Skills and Competencies
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner
- Professional approach (essential)
- Confident manner (essential)
- Ability to work with a variety of different personalities (essential)
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business. This is a permanent role.
If this sounds like you, do not hesitate and contact us today!