The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kaka Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We are looking for a great Beverage Assistant, reporting to the Beverage Team Leader to help with the overall smooth running of the bar at the Kaiteriteri Waterfront restaurant, and to provide pleasant and efficient service to customers.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Greet customers warmly
- Serve customers promptly in a friendly manner
- Proficient at mixing and serving drinks
- Can confidently describe beer, wine & cocktails list and can make recommendations when asked to do so
- Aware of specials, new wine lists and menu items and out of stock beverages
- Ensure prompt delivery of beverages to customers in bar area, restaurant and Gone Burgers
- Make consistent quality coffee and hot drinks
- Ensure there is always an adequate supply of clean glassware
- Clean tables and collect used glasses from the tables including Gone Burgers
- Wash all glassware as per procedure
- Ensure the customer areas are tidy at all times and are displayed in accordance with the establishment’s standards
- Advise Beverage Team Leader of bar supply shortages
- Ensure compliance with liquor licensing laws
- Ensure there is someone behind the bar to serve at all times
- Report any problems with either customer or equipment to Beverage Team Leader/Customer Experience Team Leader or Maître D
- Follow instructions from Beverage Team Leader/Customer Experience Team Leader or Maître D
- Ensure the safety of the business’s property and cash at all times
- Make sure equipment is clean and the bar area is kept clean at all times—surfaces wiped down; spillages cleaned up etc’
- Ensure people who appear intoxicated are not served further alcohol - advise Beverage Team Leader or Duty Manager if this happens
- Correctly completes open and close duties
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
The desired personal attributes for this role are:
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional manner
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work late nights, weekends, & public holidays.
Relevant qualifications for this role include:
- Level 2 National Certificate in Hospitality (Food and Beverage Service)
- Level 3 National Certificate in Hospitality (Food and Beverage Service)
- Barista training is advantageous.
The Health & Safety requirements for this role are:
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in a timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon.