The Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is located at the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park in the spectacular Tasman region and is a 50-minute drive from Nelson and 20 minutes from Motueka. Our vision is to be the best outdoor coastal recreation destination in New Zealand.
The Reserve has 250 hectares of historic coastal land including the famous Kaiteriteri Beach, Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park and Kākā Pa Historic Reserve. Although the Reserve has a responsibility to the Crown to manage this land, it is 100% funded through its commercial operations including:
· Accommodation & Conferencing
· Hospitality & Retail
· Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
· Recreation & Concession
We are looking for a skilled, passionate Barista who loves to make your customers happy with the best-tasting coffee in the universe, served with a smile!
The Objective of Position:
To provide professional, efficient, and courteous service to customers with a particular emphasis on coffee beverages to a high standard.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Greet customers warmly
- Take customer orders in a pleasant and efficient manner
- Make consistent quality coffee
- Have good knowledge of different coffee types and ability to meet volume
- Ensure customer areas are always tidy and are displayed in accordance with the reserve standards
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing products
- Clean designated areas and machines in accordance with procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Advise Senior Barista of supply shortages
- Report any problems with either customer or equipment to the Senior Barista/ Precinct Customer Services Team Leader
- Follow instructions from Senior Barista and Precinct Customer Services Manager
- Ensure customers are correctly charged and take payment from the customer in accordance with precinct procedures
- Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines, this includes wastage recording
- Contribute to goals for increasing sales and improving profits
- Ensure the safety of the business’s property and cash at all times
- Complete open and close duties
- Any other duties the employer may reasonably require.
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Positive and friendly manner
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Observes a high standard of personal hygiene
- Barista trained or willing to learn.
Health and Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents/near misses in timely manner
- Follow all reserve health & safety policies and procedures
- Report all hazards and implement recommendations
- Take care of own and others health and safety
- Participate in fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarisation with all exits
- Follow all recycling & waste procedures
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
If this role sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please fill out some basic details below and we'll be in-touch with you soon. This is a Permanent Role.